Wednesday, August 13, 2014

TODAY IS MY LAST CMT P-DAY!

 A street by the Campinas Brasil LDS temple is named after Marcus' Great-Grandfather, the late President James E. Faust


Hey everyone,

Today is my last CTM P-day!!!! Today also could have been the last time I am able to go to the temple in 2 years. In 6 days I will be in the mission field!!!!!! I am so excited, but also so nervous!    I forgot to mention in my last email, but on Fast Sunday, I was called as the new district leader!!  Also at the temple today I got a picture of the street named after Grandpa Faust! Hopefully pictures next week everyone!  Yay! 

Last Wednesday Elders Buck and Kagi had to move rooms so 2 new Brazilians could stay in our room. The Brazilians are super cool and one of them speaks 4 languages fluently, to make things better, they are both going to my mission! Also since they are Brazilian and only have to stay 2 weeks, they will leave with me on Tuesday! There has been no one going to my mission in the whole CTM the whole time I’ve been here except for the one visa waiter Elder Marchant.        

On Friday I got my first haircut on my mission. The barber came and woke us up at 6 am. He speaks no English at all and there are many horror stories about how terrible his haircuts are.....I’ve seen quite a few of them firsthand. I was very worried, but I briefly explained what I wanted in Portuguese. The entire haircut only took 3.5 minutes....everyone’s does haha, but the haircut actually looks good!!!!!!!!! I was very pleased! My comps were not so lucky.....lol!      

This week our goal is to speak as much Portuguese as possible, only substituting an English word when we do not know the Portuguese word for it. We have spoken about 95% Portuguese so its been very good! Doing that has been frustrating and exhausting, but we’ve made a lot of progress, and it is very rewarding.        

This week during a lesson I taught the entire story of Ammon and King Lamoni in Portuguese to one of our investigators. It is my favorite Book Of Mormon story! I loved it! We are all making a lot of progress, but getting into the mission field is the main thing on our mind.    



Not too much happened this week, but I want to share some of my thoughts: 
 "When your body aches and begs for rest, REMEMBER HIM! Remember Christ and how he did not slow down or stop, even after death. Remember all that you have been blessed with and work with no regrets. Give you whole heart, mind, mind, and strength!"    
"I don’t want to do what I want to do, I do what God wants me to do because he wants me to do it. I want to follow and know Christ"  

"You can’t be happy if you don’t want to do the things that lead to happiness, even if you still do those things."     

My mind is very clear in understanding right and wrong, and I am very in tune with the Spirit and it’s promptings.   
    
Next Tuesday will be a huge day for me with many new things. This is where the work really begins. I believe this will be the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.  Most likely I will receive a Brazilian trainer who will speak no English. So every single thing, simple and difficult will have to be communicated through Portuguese. Every single thing, investigators, P- days, when and where do we eat, what is our budget, even where are we going, what should I bring, and what should I teach in the lesson.   It is going to be so difficult, but I’m confident that I will be ok. With God anything is possible, end of story. It will be super hard, but through God, we will find a way.       

Also, most likely now my P-days will be on Mondays, and my next P-day will not be until 2 Mondays from now. Then I should be able to give out my address and send pictures and have more time for emails on p- day!  The bad thing is that I don’t have time to write everyone back here in the CMT! Bro Truman, Cole Nisson, Drake’s dad, Rachael from newspaper- they have all have written and I feel so bad I haven’t responded because I literally don’t have time.  But I will have more time soon and I will for sure write them back. 


Also, I finally set up my gymnastics rings so I’ve been doing cool gymnastics stuff. Everyday we play volleyball against another American district! It gets so intense and we go so hard, it is a blast!! I am doing great, I have been so blessed here. Things are well.  Also going to get more Brazilian donuts today!!!!!!  ;)

Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment