Wednesday, October 7, 2015

AP and 42 Baptisms

From the Brasil Sao Paulo North Mission 

District Meeting

Tuesday- We had a district meeting and we gave a quick training about doing this with URGENCY, that these two years are not ours, but the Lord's, so we must push ourselves and give all we have ALL THE TIME! Especially because we had to baptize 6 more people by Wednesday night at midnight to break the mission record!

Baptism of Engrid

Wednesday- Today was one of the craziest days of my life; it was an amazing. It was one of those super rushed, stressful, make it or break it days, "Stress makes some men break, and others break records." 

Engrid on her baptism day

Engrid, cousin of the Baros family was baptized Wednesday afternoon, getting us to 36 baptisms. Right after, I ran to Carapicuíba and Vila Dirce to make something happen, interviewing and teaching and interviewing some more people who had been taught and had been to church before. One of these was 14-year-old Joaquim!
Elder Hunt's zone broke the mission record and baptized 42 people in the month of September

And at 8pm we had a big group baptism as a zone and we baptized 6 more people, breaking the mission record of 40 with 42!!!

Thursday- We went to President's house to celebrate breaking the record! We ate pizza and played ping-pong!
Ping Pong at the President's house

Friday- We found a bunch of news! Also one thing I forgot to mention was President sent us two other missionaries who we having some problems and needed some motivation, so they stayed and worked with us this week.
Waiting for the train with the crew

Saturday- Conference was amazing! 
Sunday- Conference was amazing part 2!  We got transfer calls Sunday afternoon and I was called to be assistant, I will be comps with Elder Rebouças, a Brasilian from Fortaleza! Our new area will be "Cantareira" which has some good favella. I will work in the office and do a lot of leadership stuff but will also be a normal missionary and be able to keep teaching the people which is what I truly love.That same night I had to go to the mission office, I packed in literally 20 minutes and we were off! 

Elder Hunt with his trainer, his first trainee, and President Farnes

Elders Hunt and Medina with President and Sister Farnes

Monday- Elder Medina (my trainer, or as we call it, ‘father’) who I am taking the place of as assistant showed me the ropes, teaching me about all the different responsibilities.

Tuesday- We woke up super early and went to President's house to give training to all the new missionaries who were arriving in the field. It was super fun! After we went to an all you can eat meat place. 

At an all you can eat meat place

Elder Hunt with Elder Medina, and his new companion, Elder Reboucas from Brasil

I then lead the transfer meeting and was asked by the President to give the same training to everyone that I had given the night before.  I was super nervous, but it was great! I am becoming a better public speaker.  After, we had some meetings and in the night we went to our area to work a little bit. Elder Farias, who was going home, went with us for one last night working as a missionary!

This has been a crazy last couple of days, but being called to serve as the Assistant to the President will be a great new responsibility for me. I’m super excited! Sorry for not the best email, I don’t have much time! My p-day is on Wednesday now.

Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment