Monday, September 22, 2014

The Most Amazing Feeling In the World

Elder Hunt's first physical baptism, Henrique Perreira Moreira. 
The MOST AMAZING FEELING IN THE WORLD.
Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hey everyone,


I hope things are well.   I started off this week very, very sick. I was so sick on Monday that I just laid on the floor in agony the entire day, and barely walked to the place we email. I didn’t eat a single thing all day. My body felt like a truck had hit me. My stomach and head were killing me too. 

Later that evening, I got a haircut from the Stake President’s wife; it looks alright, certainly not bad, but just not as thorough and complete as what I am used to in the States.  I was still sick and remained home and in bed all of Tuesday and Wednesday with horrible diarrhea and much weakness in my body. All I could eat was rice, plain rice, little by little, ha ha.


 Feeling sick, but with a pretty good haircut.

 The package from his Mom arrived, 7 weeks later.



It wasn’t until Wednesday that I remembered I had diarrhea antibiotics, which definitely did the trick haha. Also on Wednesday, Elder Allan and Elder D’ Silva went to the mission office and picked up Books of Mormon, supplies, letters, etc. Also there, was my package from my family!!!!! Filled with beef jerky, peanut butter, and sour candy! All these things you cannot get here in Brasil! I’ve been missing them! There were also, some clothes that I’ve really needed. Along with it came a letter from my father. All of these things really made my week, and made me feel so much better after being sick.
       
This is the mascot of the World Cup, named Fuleco.

 This emblem is that of Corinthians Fuetbol.  It is a team everyone loves there!  They are sort of like the Oakland raiders though because it is the team all the thugs like. ;)

Wearing his new tie


Thursday-TODAY was great!! We talked with EVERYONE we saw and taught many lessons! We also taught Kleber, which is always great. In the feira, I bought 35 eggs for 11 Reais, about $5.50. In the homes of members, which we eat in every day, they feed us SO MUCH. They give us all they have and often spend a lot for us to eat, and they expect us to eat a lot, so out of respect, you have to eat a ton, even if it’s not the healthiest. So, to combat the fat, I am only eating eggs and protein powder when I am in the house.   It was rainy and cloudy which I loved. We made progress with Drica, a 14 year old girl, who has had no interest in the church but is finally coming around. We invited her to be baptized and she said no.

Lady from Elder Hunt's ward


Friday-Another great cloudy rainy day! I wore my cardigan from the package. We taught Drica again this morning and brought a teenage boy who is cool from the Ward to help. Something amazing happened. We taught an amazing lesson on faith, and then we had the boy with us invite her to be baptized and she said yes!!!!!!!!  



We went to the house of Fernando, an older man who is pretty crazy and has a beard that he likes to stroke, lol. His wife and 18 year old daughter were there as well. They are interested and have tons of potential, but we are going very slowly with them so they understand it all. But at this visit, they made us "tapioca" which is only one ingredient, a flour like substance put on the stove and in about 1 minute it turns into a tortilla like thing with a different texture. It’s too bad I didn’t get a picture! But then you put condensed milk and coconut on it and eat it and it was delicious! My comp said he had never had it before, so it was a first for us both, but it was interesting and great!    



That evening we had dinner with Kleber woohooo haha. It was super good, and we asked him to give us a ride to take Drica to seminary to continue helping her. When we asked, he grabbed his keys, and strapped his berreta with 2 extra magazines on his belt and said lets go; it was legit. In all the super thug hood neighborhoods he would turn up his N’sync and Backstreet Boys music hahaha he doesn’t care!     

On the bus


After dinner, we found one of our investigators drunk out of his mind lying on the sidewalk. He tried to get up and walk and he fell horribly. Medina and I carried him back to his house and put him on his couch. It was very sad for my comp and I. Alcohol is very bad.  In Brasilândia, they have a lot of 3 things: Bars for drinking, places to get your haircut, and churches.

 Vista Verde


Saturday- Fun day! We had a zone activity in Vista Verde, a different area about 10 miles away from ours. Our zone got together to help out this area because it has been struggling. We went out with a member who had a car and we worked the area. We got tons of referrals, taught lessons, and talked with so many people. It was great to go into a different area to mix things up, so nice. The other area is a lot greener than our area, a little more nice, but still poor.   We started at about 10:30am, came back for lunch at 1 and ended at 6pm

Lucas Camargo, and his son with Elders Hunt and Medina



But the best part of the day was that for the first time during lunch and the other times when we were around the other missionaries from our zone, I finally felt like one of the guys. Like, I can speak well enough to joke around and talk with everyone

It was so fun and I enjoyed myself a lot!   After 6pm, Lucas Camargo, the guy we went around with during the day (who is about 40 years old, has a child, and served a mission) he gave us a ride to our dinner appointment. It was a wild ride, we got lost, it was raining, there were tons of parties going on so there was a ton of traffic, and at one point, his car couldn’t get up a hill, so we had to get out and sprint up the hill, and he had to pull a maneuver to get up the hill.  Dinner was amazing, the woman has been a cook for 40 years of her life, there were so many options!!! It was amazing!!

Flavio Henrique Perreira Moreira, 13 yrs old


Flavio Henrique Perreira Moreira with his mother on his baptism day

Sunday- Today I baptized someone for the first time. I was so nervous, but the Spirit took over and it was just an unforgettable experience. I baptized Flavio Henrique Perreira Moreira. He is 13 years old and he goes by Henrique.  He is the grandson of Dirce, the recent convert woman who has been so good and sweet to me.  The feeling of baptizing someone is the most amazing feeling in the world. Knowing that when the person comes up out of the water, they are the cleanest person in the whole world at that moment; it is just spectacular.  

Brasilian Churrasco


After we had another churrasco, BBQ, haha. It was good, but not as good as the last one.  In the evening my comp sat me down for a serious talk. He talked about "snakes" girls who are interested in me and not the gospel. We have one investigator right now who is a bit of a snake.  


Elder Media was like,
"As your trainer, like your father, you need to be careful, and I’m being 100% serious when I say this, but Elder Hunt you are sexy and you need to be so careful. I’m ugly, everyone wants to talk to you, be careful" Hahahahahaaha!

It was hilarious, but he was totally serious, he didn’t even crack a smile. (he’s not gay either, lol) 



Well, that was my week everyone! Talk to you all next week!


Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment