Monday, March 16, 2015

Sushi, Assistant Dallto, and Transfers

Sushi in Brasil

Monday-So last P-day we were feeling a little down, rain was falling, and with nothing to do, we decided to go to the Andorinha mall. It was super cool, we went and looked around in a bunch of stores and then ate sushi! Sushi is one of my favorite things :) We returned by bus with a ton of traffic to learn that due to the rain, a huge part of the street caved in, causing the heavy traffic buildup. The good thing is that we got haircuts and visited Hugo that night, so we were productive.  :)
Elder Hunt with his Zone

New Baptismal Invites and Magnets


Tuesday-We attended zone training and there received new baptismal invites and refrigerator magnets for our investigators. We had some visits in the afternoon, followed by a miracle with Michelle that night. She said she wanted to get baptized on Sunday! What had happened was that she promised us that she would go to Stake Conference with us on the weekend but she didn’t. On Monday she broke out in hives all over her body, and she told us she realized that the hives happened because she didn’t go to church like she said she would.

Toblerone Chocolate! 


Wednesday-I did a division in Cantareira with Elder Zenteno! That was the first time the two of us were back together since we were companions last transfer. I did a bunch of interviews for him and it was great. Also at a supermarket I came upon a huge Toblerone Swiss chocolate bar, my family's favorite! It was such a great find :)

A Spider bite on Marcus' leg


Thursday-Now today was interesting. I did a division with the assistants. My companion stayed with another junior companion in another area, and I went with Assistant to the President, Elder Dallto. He is from Manuas, Brasil and he is the greatest! He taught me so much and from him I genuinely felt like he was there to help me and help our area. I felt his sincerity and I realized how good of a leader he is. He was just himself and was super funny and real. AND he's all about that baptize.  J

The people still call Elder Hunt 'Wolverine' sometimes :)


A highlight of that night was when we were in Vista Alegre (a super poor favela) teaching and finding new investigators when ALL the lights went out. We ended up teaching a huge family an extremely powerful lesson of the Restoration under candlelight. It was an amazing experience and certainly one I will never forget. 

Pizza with Elder Dallto


Friday- Day two of the division with Elder Dallto. He did a ton of interviews for us and we also did weekly planning together. It was another amazing, exciting day! He interviewed Hugo and Michelle, so they both will be getting baptized soon! 

Saturday-I spent a big part of my afternoon doing A TON of interviews for Elder Burt, but the thing is, I love doing interviews, so it’s always fun for me. That night we visited Michelle and she said she didn’t want to get baptized anymore and we were DEVESTATED. After, we attended a baptism of Elder Burt and Elder Cerantonio.  This was also the day of my beautiful, amazing Mother's birthday! :)

Sunday-We all anxiously awaited transfer calls to find out that Elder Nunes and I will stay here in Cachoreinha for one more transfer together, Elder Burt is going to an area called Ariston, which is a SUPER good area.

Elder Burt and Elder Hunt 


But I’m really, really sad Elder Burt is leaving. :(  Elder Cerantonio will also stay in Cachoreinha with an American from Provo, Utah who has 3 months on the mission, his name is Elder Ellis. 
     
After 8 months on the mission, Elder Hunt's Mephisto shoes are toast. 
"It's been a good 8 months with these shoes." 

'Goodbye shoes, the legend lives on.'


In sacrament meeting, Lia and Yazmin were confirmed. :) We had a good lunch, visited some people, but then had to be home by 6pm because huge riots all over Brasil were happening to impeach and overthrow President Dilma here in Brasil. (President of Brasil)
              

God has kept me here in Cachoreinha for a while longer because I know He has unfinished business for me here- with my companion, with this ward, with my leaders, and with myself.  #3More

Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment