Monday, January 25, 2016

Back To Brasilandia Part 2





Monday-Normal Monday :) 
     Tuesday-I had a great personal study about the ascension of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. We had to work out an emergency transfer in the mission, and then we had an awesome days work which an especially great lesson about the Plan of Salvation with the family of Alex, which is a 30 year old man, his wife (who unfortunately isn't legally married) and there 6 kids, 4 of which can be baptized :) That night we did a division and I went to Brasilandia with Elder Burt my awesome pal!!! :) 



     Wednesday-Another great personal study in the Book of Mormon and especially some general conference talks. I studied grandpa's talk "What I want my son or grandson ;) to know before he goes on his mission.” I have read this talk so many times, but like your patriarchal blessing at different times in your life or mission different things stand out and are impactful on you. I honestly LOVE my study time in the morning! 
     We had lunch in Pirituba because shortly after we had district meeting and then a world wide broadcast to all of the missionaries in the entire world. The broadcast was called "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts," it was great! The broadcast was to refocus the missionaries of the world to remember their true purpose as missionaries as we read in Matthew 28:19-"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." 




     Great days work with Burt, great to be back in Brasilandia!!! :) 
     Thursday-We had an awesome hard day's work in the favelas of Brasilandia that I have so dearly missed. I showed Burt some of the great places that I had worked in while I was there. We also passed by a family of recent converts that I had lost contact with, that I had baptized in November of 2014 back with Medina. Happily they are 100% active and well and the young teenage boy is 100% firm on his decision to serve a mission here in a few years :) 
     BUT, the heat and strength of the sun took it's toll on me. Even with sunscreen, I got super sunburned, my sick was hurting a ton and I’m peeling, but it's all good haha :) 




     Friday-Today during my personal study it all hit me really hard. Standing out on the third story balcony of the Brasilandia house looking out at the view like I've done so many times in the past made me remember everything. Looking back on everything that has happened on my mission, from who I was when I got here to who I am now, a lot has changed and I don't have a ton of time left, just a few more months left leaves me uneasy. Being back in my first area was amazing, I absolutely loved it, it was such a great experience for me to remember and reflect on everything. Oh yeah and we also got our signature Brasilandia açai with all the fixings, it was absolutely delicious :)
     We ended the division and then hosted a soccer game at the church for all our recent converts and investigators! It is a great chance for them to become more integrated and to bring more of their friends for us to baptize, in this process, they become more converted in helping a friend get to know the Church and to get baptized :) great day! :) 
     Saturday-An awesome day following up with all of our investigators fro church the next day! We also used our little church invites with the candy again, huge success!!! :) 


Guilherme, Emylin, Alex, Wilton, Vitoria, Nataly, and Yazmin on their baptism day with Elder Hunt


     Sunday-We brought 13 people to church and had 7 baptisms! Guilherme, Emylin, Alex, Wilton (2 sons of Alex who we are teaching,) Vitoria, nataly, and yazmin!!! So great! awesome! 
     With still one more week in the month, the mission has 256 baptisms! Goodbye 309! This week should be an amazing one, I'm super excited!!! :) 

--

No comments:

Post a Comment