Monday, February 9, 2015

Jazmin


Elder Hunt and Elder Nunes

Elder Hunt bought some treats to welcome his new companion Elder Nunes to the house

Tuesday-Transfers. We got there a bit late, but it all worked out. I went to a leadership meeting and then I wished all my pals goodbye until the next time and we got on the bus headed to Cachoreinha. It rained and rained and rained. 
'This randomly happened to my shirt in the rainstorm'

We got off the bus in our suits, nice shoes, and ties (because of transfers) and it was POURING rain. We came across a huge lake (knee deep or more) that formed on a road we use often on the way to our progressing investigators house. We decided that if we wanted the blessing, we had to sacrifice. We took off our shoes, rolled up our suit pant legs and trudged through the lake to get to our appointment. 


These are the things that make the difference between an average missionary and one who is willing to sacrifice it all for the Lord. In the appointment we received a miracle and marked a baptismal date with a 22 year old woman named Fernanda who is Renon's aunt. Renon was baptized a few weeks ago as you remember.   Fernanda was baptized on the 4th of February (later in the week)

Fernanda on her baptism day

I made this treat and handout for my district


Wednesday-I gave my first training as district leader and I was SUPER nervous. I brought my district a treat and a talk called "How to be a baptizer." My training went well, but I still have a lot of room to improve. 

Thursday-I had an excellent workout to start off my day, only to find out our water had been shut off...I wasn’t able to shower, brush my teeth or anything that day...  Fernanda was baptized this night! :)

Cacherienha


Friday-The zone leaders and I did some training on how to do better baptismal interviews. That night, I went to a city called Imirim, where the Sisters in my district work and I did 3 baptisms for them. They were great! I love doing interviews!!! :) To make it better, all 3 of the people I interviewed were baptized on Sunday! :) My district ended up baptizing 6 people this week! Our zone baptized 10! 

Vilma on her baptism day


Saturday-A lot of our lessons fell, but we just pushed through and did our best. We ended the night with a good lesson, helping Vilma (Renon's Grandmother) prepare to be baptized the next day.

Casheiernha


Sun-We woke up super early, went out and looked for all our investigators, and only ended up with 2 in the chapel :( We did our best and only ended up with a couple. But after the meeting Vilma was baptized, and also almost her 20 year old son, but he got scared.  We will keep working with him. I got frustrated and realized that on the mission, you experience your worst pains, but also your most happy moments. 

That afternoon, the zone leaders called me and told me that in Imirim with the sisters, someone who had been previously interviewed (a little girl) was not baptized because her mother would not let her. The zone leaders told me to go over there and make a miracle. 

We met up with the sisters, went to the house of the little girl, and the sisters started to teach. But the mother would not budge. Eventually it our turn and we brought in the fire with a powerful spiritual lesson. The mother agreed that her daughter could be baptized that very night at 8pm, just 45 min from when we ended. 

 Jazmin on her baptism day
Elder Hunt and Jazmin


We ran and got everything ready and the little girl named Jazmin picked me to baptize her! :) I baptized her and after we changed and ended the baptismal meeting she tugged on my pant leg for me to squat down, she gave me a little hug and a kiss on the cheek and said "thank you for baptizing me." 



That was the most spiritually touched I’ve felt in a while and it was powerful enough to bring tears to my eyes. I was just so happy and the little girl was just so cute about it. 

That was a miracle :)

I will not lie, my responsibilities as district leader have not been easy, but it has helped me grow to new heights.

Downtown Sao Paulo


25 de Marco Street


Monday-We went to 25 de Março, a place in Sao Paulo West where you can buy tons of cheap stuff.   

A Birthday Celebration!


We had all you can eat pizza/meat for lunch to celebrate Elder Medina and my birthday!


Shopping area of Sao Paulo

The last of the legend Elder Borba, who ended his mission last week.

'My Brasilian Brothers'

Elder Hunt and Elder Burt, best buddies in the house 

Elder Cerantonio, who is a crazy guy from Argentina is Elder Burt's new comp




No comments:

Post a Comment