Friday, February 20, 2015

We Baptized A Family!


Tuesday-When the alarm went off at 6:30am I was already awake because I hadn’t slept a wink the night before. I was sick all of Tuesday, so I stayed home with Elder Burt.

Wednesday-Once again, I didn’t sleep at all and was awake all night so I am super fatigued. Morning studies are always amazing. We had lunch at home, so I made some eggs and grilled some onions. I also printed my baptismal photos! Finally! :) I love my baptismal photos!

That afternoon we visited Hugo and things are 100% good for his baptism on Saturday. After, I went to do a baptismal interview for Elder Burt. It was a little girl who was SUPER excited to be baptized; it was great!  On our way back to our area a random guy on the street waved us down and told us that things had happened in his life and that now he KNOWS the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He said he was going to move to a different state in Brasil, but that he wants to get baptized first!!! We marked with him for my birthday, February 21.  

WHAT A MIRACLE!!!

Elder Hunt and Elder MacArthur


Thursday-We did a division with Elder Perkins and Elder MacArthur who is the health and finance secretary. I went to their area, which is called Tucuruvi, and Elder Perkins stayed with Elder Nunes here in our area.

The most authentic NY styled pizza so far in Brasil, plus a chocolate pizza


Their area is very rich and most of everyone there are very closed and don’t want to listen, but we were able to teach a good amount of lessons and find a few "elect" people, who were ready for the gospel in their lives at that moment. That night we realized that they had no food whatsoever in their house, so we ordered the most authentic tasting New York style pepperoni pizza I’ve ever had in Brasil, as well as a special limited time offer of a M&M pizza! :)

Obviously Elder Hunt enjoyed the M&M pizza


Friday-The day started off well, a bright sunny morning. But after we left the members house for lunch, it felt like we stepped out the door and walked into hell. The sky had turned from sun to a very sinister cloud cover, but not a rain cloud cover, just like a dark, evil cloud cover that sucks out all sources of light and hope from the world. Everyone in the streets was on edge and acting strange. ALL of this remained the entire day.

Elder Hunt was almost hit by a car this day


On our way to pick up some references from the elders from Parada Pinto, a violent car crash happened right in front of us, close enough that my adrenaline pumped and we literally had to run out of the way because the car that was hit came speeding out of control right for us.  If we had not moved...
     
Just being out in the streets we could tell something was up, something was different, we could feel it in the air, it was heavy on our spirits, Satan’s presence was very strong this day. We could feel it and it did not feel good.

This day Hugo told us that he was going on vacation, so his baptism fell... Later I went and did another interview for Elder Burt, it was a 25 year old woman; I helped her clear her doubts and she will be baptized on Sunday.

One little miracle is that we finally marked a baptismal date with a little girl named Gabrieli, we marked it for her birthday, March 6, which was actually the day I was baptized as well :)

The missionaries have a little fun at night to combat the evil feeling they experienced on Friday 13th


When we arrived home at night, we talked about the dark, sinister, demonic presence of the day and finally realized that today was Friday the 13th and the first day of Carnival...



Saturday-We did a division in Cantareira, Elder Zenteno came back to Cachoreihna and stayed with my comp to do our baptismal interviews and I went to Cantareira with his comp, a young American named Elder Messick. Their area has a very rich part and then a super favella part. We visited both. It was just a bit frustrating because Elder Messick doesn’t know the area very well, so we wasted a lot of time walking really far, getting lost, and not finding the people who I came to do the interviews for.  I returned home that night.  Happy Valentines day.

Sunday-We went with a ride and picked up Rodrigo, Eni, and their grandson Enzu for their baptisms that day! After sacrament meeting (which we have last) they were all baptized!!! It was so great and they were so happy! 
It is awesome to baptize a FAMILY!

Rodrigo, Eni, and Enzu on their baptism day


That night we found a 19 year old young woman from a reference who was SUPER ELECT, she has been well prepared already by the Lord. It was an amazing powerful lesson, nothing like I’d experienced before.

So far this transfer I've grown so much, so much that I literally can see the results first hand. Last p-day I hit exactly 7 months on the mission, and Sunday I hit my 44th baptism.  




Also, this week our zone baptized 6 people, but my district baptized 5, and all 5 of those people came from Cachoreinha. Burt and his comp baptized 2 and us, 3.  My 19th birthday is also on this coming Saturday! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment